Dr. Lin is truly passionate about what she does and that shows through her excellent bedside manner! She goes above and beyond for her patients. She is smart, caring and charismatic! - Patient Review - Vitals.com, 6/27/2014
Dr. Kat LinDr. Kat Lin is a board-certified solo female fertility specialist providing fertility treatment to couples and individuals to fulfill their dreams of having a family, now and in the future. She established the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at University of Washington and with her dedicated, responsible care, was honored to be voted “Best Doctor in the Region” for Infertility and Endocrinology two years in a row. After completing her undergraduate B.S. Degree at Yale University, she received her medical degree at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, followed by her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center. She completed her Fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at University of Pennsylvania, and added the clinical Fellowship in Male Infertility to her list of accomplishments at the Center for Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is proud to be recognized for her teaching and research, most recently by the Seattle Gynecologic Society for her work with fertility preservation in young cancer patients. She continues to mentor young students and medical professionals and believes wholeheartedly in the lifelong pursuit of bringing cutting-edge information and technology to her patients.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – 2005 – present
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Subspeciality of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility – 2010 - present
- State of California 2012 – present
- State of Washington 2008 – present
- State of Pennsylvania 2003 – 2008
- State of New York 2000 - 2008
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Member since 2001
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fellow since 2005
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology, Member since 2007
- American Fertility Association, Member since 2012
- Women's University Club, Seattle, WA, Member since 2012
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society, Scientific Abstracts Reviewer since 2013
- Women's University Club, Marketing & Community Outreach Committee, Assistant Trustee since 2014
- Sweet Pea Cottage Preschool of the Arts, Board Member since 2014
- Seattle Gynecologic Society, Member 2008 - ongoing
- Undergraduate B.S. Degree: Yale University, New Haven, CT 1991 – 1995
- Medical Degree: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 1995 – 1999
- Master in Science and Clinical Epidemiology (MSCE): Center for Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania, PA 2006 – 2009
- Residency: Obstetrics & Gynecology, New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY, 2003 - 2004
- Staff Physician: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, Queens, NY, 2003 - 2004
- Research Clinician: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Reproductive Research Unit, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2004 - 2005
- Instructor: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, University of Pennsylvania. 2005 - 2008
- Assistant Professor: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2008 - 2012
Honors & Awards
- Best doc: 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 Top Doc Seattle Weekly
- Icahn Fellowship for Child Protection, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Bronx, NY. Awarded for participation in Jacobi Medical Center's Child Protection Follow-up Program. Established a computerized case directory of abused children for patient care and medical evidence for prosecution of offenders. 1995 - 1996
- Postgraduate Scholarship for Minorities, AT&T. San Francisco, CA. Awarded for academic achievement in postgraduate education. 1998 - 1999
- Berlex Resident Teaching Award, New York Presbyterian Hospital. New York, NY. Awarded by peers for overall teaching dedication. 2000
- Distinguished House Staff Award, New York Presbyterian Hospital. New York, NY. Awarded "for exemplary all-around service at New York Presbyterian Hospital." 2001
- Traveling Scholar, Society for Male Reproduction and Urology. Selected for presentation at annual ASRM meeting, San Francisco. 2008
- Research Award, Seattle Gynecologic Society. Student mentee project selected as best research for 2011. “Fertility Preservation in Adolescent and Young Adult Females with Cancer: Options and Tools for Improved Patient Education.” To be presented, Nov 2011. 2011
- Seattle Magazine! Best Docs of 2011 & 2012 for Puget Sound Area, category of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility. Voted by peer physicians. 2011 & 2012
- Lin K. Update on IVF and cancer risk - what should be telling our patients? American Fertility Association, 2013.
- Lee AP, Nya-Ngatchou JJ, Roth MY, Lin K, Walsh TJ, Page ST, Matsumoto AM, Bremner WJ, Amory JK, Anawalt BD. Testicular fine needle aspiration for the assessment of intratesticular hormones. Submitted to Journal of Urology.
- Roth MY, Lin K, Bay K, Amory JK, Anawalt BD, Matsumoto AM, Marck B, Bremner WJ, Page ST. Serum INSL3 is highly correlated with intratesticular testosterone in normal men with acute, experimental gonadotropin deficiency stimulated with low-dose hCG: a randomized-controlled trial. Fertil Steril, 2013 Jan;99(1):132-9.
- Lin K. The psychosocial yin-yang of infertility: What the infertile male experiences. American Fertility Association , 2012.
- Wang J, Muller C, Lin K. Optimizing Fertility Preservation for Pre and Post Pubertal Males with Cancer. Seminars in Reproductive Medicine. Submitted 2012 for publication 2013 .
- Roth MY, Page ST, Lin K, Anawalt BD, Matsumoto AM, Marck B, Bremner WJ, Amory JK. The effect of gonadotropin withdrawal and stimulation with humanchorionic gonadotropin on intratesticular androstenedione and DHEA in normal men. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2011 Apr;96(4):1175-81. Epub 2011 Feb 2.
- Roth MY, Page ST, Lin K, Anawalt BD, Matsumoto AM, Snyder CN, Marck BT, Bremner WJ, Amory JK. Dose-dependent increase in intratesticular testosterone by very low dose human chorionic gonadotropin in normal men with experimental gonadotropin deficiency. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2010; 95(8):3806-13.
- Roth MY, Lin K, Amory JK, Matsumoto AM, Anawalt BD, Snyder CN, Kalhorn TF, Bremner WJ, Page ST. Direct measurement of intratesticular hormones using testicular aspiration in normal men. Journal of Andrology 2010;31(2):138-45.
- Ginsberg J, Carlson C, Lin K, Hobbie W, Wigo E, Wu X, Brinster R, Kolon T. An experimental protocol for fertility preservation in prepubertal boys recently diagnosed with cancer: a report of acceptability and safety. Human Reproduction , 2010:25(1):37-41.
- Molinaro TA, Shaunik A, Lin K, Sammel MD, Barnhart KT. A strict infertility diagnosis has poor agreement with the clinical diagnosis entered into the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology registry. Fertility and Sterility. 2009;92(6): 2088-90.
- Ramasamy R, Lin K, Palermo G, Veeck L, Rosenwaks Z, Schlegel PN. High serum FSH levels in men with non-obstructive azoospermia does not affect success of microdissection testicular sperm extraction. Fertility and Sterility. 2009;92(2): 590-3.
- Rodriguez-Miranda E, Buffone M, Edwards S, Lin K, Ord T, Gerton G, Moss S, Williams C. Extracellular ATP alters motility and improves fertilizing capability of mouse sperm. Biology of Reproduction. 2008;79:164-171.
- Lin K, Barnhart KT. The Clinical Rationale for Menses-free Contraception. Journal of Women’s Health . 2007;16(8): 1171-80.
- Lin K, Coutifaris C. In vitro fertilization in the polycystic ovary syndrome patient: an update. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2007;50(1):268-76.
- Lin K, Gracia CR. Fertility Preservation in Cancer Survivors. Expert Review of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2006;1(2):203-14.
- Chung K, Coutifaris C, Chalian R, Lin K, Ratcliffe SJ, Castelbaum AJ, Freedman MF, Barnhart KT. Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertility and Sterility. 2006;86(6): 1634-41.
- Chung K, Sammel MD, Coutifaris C, Chalian R, Lin K, Castelbaum AJ, Freedman MF, Barnhart KT. Defining the rise of serum HCG in viable pregnancies achieved through use of IVF. Human Reproduction. 2006;21(3):823-8.
- Neri QV, Takeuchi T, Kang HJ, Lin K, Wang A, Palermo GD. Genetic Assessment and Development of Children that Result from ART. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2006;49(1):134-7.
- Barnhart KT, Timbers K, Pretorius ES, L in K, Shaunik A. In vivo assessment of NuvaRing placement. Contraception. 2005;72(3):196-9.
- Roberts JE, Spandorfer S, Fasouliotis SJ, Lin K, Rosenwaks Z. Spontaneous ovarian hyperstimulation caused by a follicle-stimulating hormone-secreting pituitary adenoma. Fertil Steril. 2005;83(1):208-10.
- Lin K, Runowicz C. "The Wisdom of Hormone Replacement Therapy in Survivors of Ovarian and Endometrial Cancer." The Surgical Clinics of North America. 2001;81(4):987-93.
- Lin K, Runowicz C. "Should we offer HRT to ovarian and endometrial cancer survivors?" Contemporary Ob/Gyn. 2001;46(9):31-43.